Cabarrus County Schools Seeks Businesses for Students@Work
Help develop your future workforce by participating in Students@Work!
Cabarrus County Schools (CCS) is striving to help our local business community. Middle school is a crucial time for dropout prevention and also when high school curriculum planning takes place. Direct experience with the workplace demonstrates the relevance of education and career awareness to future success.
CCS needs your help:
- Would you be willing to host an industry tour?
- Would you be willing to be a guest speaker at your local middle school?
What does Students@Work look like?
- A day in the life of your company (industry tour or presentation)
- One or more employees willing to speak with students about:
- How did you get to where you are? A quick bio of the employee.
- What soft skills and technical skills are needed for success in your industry?
- How can students begin preparing in high school to prepare for work in your industry?
- What are the different levels and types of jobs available within your company?
You select the date, duration, number of students, activities conducted, etc.
Students@Work is a program between North Carolina businesses and schools to help middle grades students see the opportunities that exist in the workplace as well as the skills needed for those careers. The program helps connect classroom learning with career learning to better prepare students for tomorrow's jobs today.
Benefits of participating:
- Career awareness opportunities
- Connect academics and the world of work
- Promote career readiness and awareness
- Engage students who may be potential employees
- Help students understand pathways needed to get to their career
To be a partner with Cabarrus County Schools contact:
CCS Middle School Career Development Coordinator