Building a World Class Talent Pool in Cabarrus County
Check out all the exciting news from the North Carolina Manufacturing Institute's newsletter:
As we end the first year of our collaboration to implement the NC Manufacturing Institute’s Strategic Vision of building a world class talent pool to support the retention and growth of regional manufacturers, there is much to celebrate and more to look forward to!
All of us within NCMI would like to thank you, the many partners who have supported these efforts. And 2016 promises to be even better with more trainings, more opportunities for you to host field trips or participate in an employer panel, and more Certified Production Technician graduates with the potential to fill your critical hiring needs.
The coordinated marketing efforts of Centralina Workforce Development’s website www.ncmanufacturinginstitute.com and NCWorks, along with timely publicity, increased our community’s awareness of the importance of manufacturing to our economy and the availability of rewarding careers.
Working together, the NCMI partners have established an effective pipeline through which our local employers now have convenient and quick access to qualified candidates.
These efforts produced the following results:
- 180 Discovery Session attendees in 7 months directly exposed to the importance of manufacturing and the availability of good, well-paying jobs in that sector.
- 3 eight-week training classes held starting in June, August and September with 27 Certified Production Technicians graduating from the 8-week training program.
- 12 field trips to local employers and training labs.
- 3 Interview Fairs held for the NCMI partners to meet the graduates, with an 86% employer participation rate.
- 20 graduates hired, 13 by NCMI partners, within one month of graduation due largely to the Partner Interview Fairs.
- 7 highly-qualified and nationally-certified graduates still available for interviewing.
NEW in 2016!
Opportunities for you to send your employees to one or more MSSC modules to receive certifications for the following skill sets:
- Quality Assurance
- Manufacturing Processes
- Maintenance Awareness
2016 Interview Fairs
Are tentatively scheduled for mid-March, late April, and early June. You will receive individual invitations to attend these so you are among the first to meet these newly-qualified candidates or, as we like to call them, “potential employees.”
Wishing you and your families a warm and wonderful holiday season. We look forward to working together to
boost manufacturing even higher in 2016!
IN THE NEWS:
Check out some of the links featuring the publicity that NCMI received through the Charlotte Business Journal, the nationally-circulated newsletter of the Manufacturing Skill Standards Council, Cabarrus EDC, Charlotte Regional Partnership, Integro Technologies’ blog post, the Salisbury Post, Cabarrus Regional Chamber of Commerce, and YouTube.
For more information:
Contact Rowan-Cabarrus Community College
P.O. Box 1595
Salisbury, NC 28145
Donna Ludwig, firstname.lastname@example.org, 704-216-3668