Cabarrus Economic Development Corporation (Cabarrus EDC) is in the process of awarding five local, second-stage companies with grants to participate in a new pilot program called Grow Cabarrus. Launched in partnership with the National Center for Economic Gardening, Grow Cabarrus focuses on growing stage 2 companies that are already here in Cabarrus County and are ready to grow.
What Is Grow Cabarrus?
As traditional economic development focuses on recruiting companies to come to our county, Grow Cabarrus focuses on growing local stage 2 companies that are already here in Cabarrus County and are ready to grow. Grow Cabarrus puts a team of business research experts at your disposal to find information that can help you make key decisions. Often this is market research, industry trends, competitor intelligence, but it can be customized to fit your company's specific needs.
Research to help you make decisions in strategic areas:
- Market research, industry trends, competitor intelligence, new product releases
- GIS computer maps of customers, competitors, potential markets, trade areas
- Search engine optimization, web marketing, social media analysis
Analysis in five classes of business problems:
- Core strategy
- Market dynamics
- Qualified sales leads
What Will I Not Get?
- We do not do implementation; however, the Cabarrus EDC will be happy to make recommendations or connections that will make it easier for your business to move forward.
- We do not analyze your financials
- We do not do primary research (surveys, telephone calls, focus groups, etc.)
- We do not do business plans
Does My Company Qualify?
Grow Cabarrus applicants must meet the following criteria:
- 10 to 100 employees
- $1M to $50M in annual revenue
- Experienced growth in 3 of the last 5 years
- A customer base outside of Cabarrus County
How to Apply
If you think your company would be a good candidate for Grow Cabarrus, fill out this application and a member of our team will reach out to you with additional information and next steps.
Questions? Contact Page Castrodale, Existing Industry Director, at (704) 490-4974 or email email@example.com.
- Economic Development Week Spotlight on Grow Cabarrus (5/5/2020)
- Cabarrus EDC Launches Grow Cabarrus (12/16/2019)