+ (704) 782-4000

Target Industries

Cabarrus County is located in one of the fastest growing regions in the country. Once home to Cannon Mills, the world’s largest producer of fine towels and linens, Cabarrus County has a rich history in textiles and a large, highly skilled workforce that has fueled the county’s growth over the decades. Along with its workforce, the county has attracted many major companies because of its availability of industrial space, proximity to Charlotte, incentive programs, and quality of life.

Advanced Manufacturing

Traditionally a textile manufacturing hub, Cabarrus County’s manufacturing industry has diversified and advanced to include hundreds of innovative companies, including Corning Inc., DNP Imagingcomm America Corporation, Legrand, and Celgard.

With several interchanges along I-85, large available labor pool, strong academic-industry collaboration on workforce training, and low cost of doing business, Cabarrus County is a prime place for relocating and expanding advanced manufacturing companies.

Logistics

Access is the name of the game and Cabarrus County has become a hub. With several interchanges along I-85, just 20 minutes north of downtown Charlotte and 30 minutes from Charlotte-Douglas International Airport, Cabarrus County provides both the location and the infrastructure for operations requiring superior logistics regardless of transportation mode.

For businesses requiring advanced logistics, Cabarrus County also offers a great selection of warehousing facilities, spec buildings, and an abundance of land for development. Click here to view Featured Properties.

Aviation/Aerospace

Both Concord-Padgett Regional Airport and nearby Charlotte-Douglas International Airport make Cabarrus County ideal for firms in the aerospace industries. Our location and superior logistics make us a natural choice for Tier 2 and 3 suppliers to Honda, Spirit Aerosystems and Boeing, as well as smaller specialty OEMs.

STEM Aviation and Aerospace Academy
In August 2020, Cabarrus County Schools will open its Academy of Aviation and Aerospace at the brand new West Cabarrus High School in Concord.  Developed by the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association, the four-year high school academy will offer comprehensive aviation study options to fill the gaps for pilots and technicians in the aerospace industry.

Automotive/Motorsports

The high-octane world of NASCAR racing is proud to call Cabarrus County its home. Cabarrus County is home to an abundance of motorsports facilities, such as Charlotte Motor Speedway, the zMAX Dragway, and Windshear – a one-of-a-kind wind tunnel facility featuring a 200-mph rolling road surface. NASCAR’s top teams, including Hendrick Motorsports, Stewart-Haas Racing, Roush-Fenway Racing, and Chip Ganassi Racing all call Cabarrus County home. NASCAR’s very own research and development facility is also located here, where safety components like the “soft-wall” SAFER (Steel and Foam Energy Reduction) barrier were studied. It’s true that over 90% of all NASCAR teams reside within a 50-mile radius, with over 200 motorsports-dependent businesses employing over 20,000 people.

Beyond NASCAR, Cabarrus County is a land of opportunity for all suppliers connected with motorsports or automotive technology, providing proximity to other suppliers and the regional motorsports industry.

Food and Beverage

Cabarrus County is home to an array of food and beverage distributors and specialty food processing firms. Along with S&D Coffee & Tea and Gordon Food Service, Cabarrus County is home to PreGel America, General Mills, Sysco Food Services, Dole Foods, and Monsanto.

In 2019, the NC Food Innovation Lab, the region’s most versatile and only FDA-inspected food manufacturing pilot plant facility, opened its doors at the North Carolina Research Campus in Kannapolis. The 16,000 sq. ft. plant-based food processing and product development facility offers a range of customizable services, including product research and development; pilot plant production; training and workshops; and food industry consulting to serve a global community of growth-phase entrepreneurs, established food companies, venture capitalists, and accelerators.

Healthcare

Cabarrus County is home to the North Carolina Research Campus, a 350-acre research center focused on improving human health through research into nutrition and agriculture. This life sciences campus partners with nine separate universities as well as private companies, including Dole, Monsanto and General Mills. The success of the NCRC has built Cabarrus County a growing international reputation based on nutrition, health and agriculture research.

In 2019, Hydromer moved its headquarters and manufacturing facility from New Jersey to Cabarrus County, North Carolina. The company produces polymers for use in medical devices and other applications.

Two leading healthcare providers, Atrium Health and Novant Health, serve Cabarrus County and the surrounding region.

Office Hours:
Monday - Friday
8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Phone:
704-782-4000
Cabarrus EDC ©2017. Website by Accrisoft