+ (704) 782-4000

Target Industries

Cabarrus County is located in of one of the most vibrant regional economies in the United States. Those eager to experience a relatively low tax rate, expansion-based incentives and proximity to major market centers have already discovered a key truth: from employee training to local incentives, we have developed pacesetting resources for companies on the leading edge of their sectors including food and beverage, aerospace, back office, logistics and automotive.

Cabarrus County is home to the North Carolina Research Campus (NCRC), a public-private venture dedicated to fostering collaboration and understanding of key biotechnology fields. The campus was the brainchild of David H. Murdock, who has oversight of the David H. Murdock Research Institute (DHMRI), established as a public charity to support pioneering research in the fields of metabolomics, animal and plant imaging, structural chemistry and microscopy. The campus provides a community where the finest minds will unite to bring together breakthrough perspectives, expertise, and capabilities, irrevocably resetting the bar for collaborative scientific inquiry.

Much of Cabarrus County’s past is intrinsically tied to manufacturing in the textile industries and has led to a workforce well adapted to change in this sector. Because of this workforce, low cost of doing business and unmatched job skills programs, Cabarrus County is well suited to host a wide variety of manufacturing companies.

Several world-class Fortune 500 companies such as Monsanto, General Mills and Dole Foods are proud to be associated with Cabarrus County. Westinghouse, Siemens and Toshiba also maintain a presence in the region, employing thousands of local citizens into their workforces. Innovative newcomers, such as Celgard -- a manufacturer of lithium battery separators used in cell phones and laptops -- are locating Cabarrus County armed with the knowledge that Site Selection Magazine has rated North Carolina among the top-five destinations for alternative energy companies.

Aerospace

Cabarrus County enjoys the updraft from a growing southern regional presence of companies in the aerospace industry, including Goodrich just up the road in Charlotte. Both Concord Regional Airport and nearby Charlotte-Douglas International Airport make Cabarrus County ideal for firms in the aerospace industries. Our location and superior logistics make Cabarrus a natural choice for Tier 2 and 3 suppliers to Honda, Spirit Aerosystems and Boeing, as well as smaller specialty OEMs.

In addition to superior logistics, the large number of aerospace workers in greater Charlotte and the surrounding area have made the region especially suitable for these types of enterprises, including modification, repair and overhaul facilities.

Back Office

Cabarrus County is an ideal location for back office facilities of companies whose public face is in the Charlotte region. Our close proximity to Charlotte provides strategic placement of capabilities such as operations or data centers, while also allowing firms to take advantage of lower cost of space.

Because of our commitment to steady growth, Cabarrus County has a steadily increasing number of workers experienced in the systems and functionality of business operations across many sectors of the economy including healthcare, manufacturing, logistics and many more. This deep pool of local talent makes Cabarrus County ideal for locating back office operations or for outsourced functions and contractors.

Food and Beverage

The intersection between biological science and the food and beverage industry has been a seminal success story for Cabarrus County. The North Carolina Research Campus has been instrumental in attracting the industry, as well as the highly-skilled labor force required to conduct food science and technology applications.

As a result, Cabarrus County is able to combine the logistical base and the skilled workforce food and beverage firms need. In addition to food and beverage distributors, Cabarrus County has attracted a significant number of firms in specialty food processing including S&D Coffee, Dole Foods, PreGel AmericaGeneral Mills and Monsanto.

Logistics

Access is the name of the game and Cabarrus County has become a hub. With several interchanges along I-85 just 20 minutes north of downtown Charlotte and 30 minutes from Charlotte-Douglas International Airport, we provide both the location and infrastructure for operations requiring superior logistics regardless of transportation mode.

Already home to major operations for several national companies such as Shoe Show, Stanley Black & Decker, Distribution Technologies, S.P. Richards and Saddle Creek Corp, Cabarrus County offers the right combination of workforce, know-how and geography to serve the entire east coast. In fact, firms in Cabarrus can reach more than 50 percent of the U.S. market within one day’s drive.

For businesses requiring advanced logistics, Cabarrus also supplies a good selection of warehousing facilities, spec buildings and abundant land for development.

Motorsports and Automotive

The high-octane world of NASCAR racing is proud to call Cabarrus County its home. The recent addition of the NASCAR Hall of Fame in neighboring Charlotte boasts the tagline, “Racing was born here. Racing belongs here.” Cabarrus County reflects that statement with the abundance of motorsports facilities such as the Charlotte Motor Speedway, the zMax Dragway and Windshear—a one-of-a-kind wind tunnel facility featuring a 200-mph rolling road surface. NASCAR’s top teams including Hendrick Motorsports, Stewart-Hass Racing, Roush-Fenway Racing and Chip Ganassi Racing all call Cabarrus County home.

NASCAR’s very own research & development facility is also located here, where safety components like the “soft-wall” SAFER (Steel and Foam Energy Reduction) barrier were studied. It is true that over 90 percent of all NASCAR teams reside within a 50-mile radius, with over 200 motorsports-dependent businesses employing over 20,000 people.

Beyond NASCAR, Cabarrus County is a land of opportunity for all suppliers connected with motorsports or automotive technology, providing proximity to other suppliers and the regional motorsports industry.

Office Hours:
Monday - Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Phone: (704) 782-4000

Contact Us

Contact Us

Cabarrus EDC ©2017. Website by Accrisoft